BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Are currently diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Are currently under quarantine due to possible COVID-19 infection.
- Have had close, unprotected contact in the previous 14 days with someone who is diagnosed with COVID-19. (If you are a healthcare provider, see guidelines below).
- Have traveled in the previous 14 days to anywhere designated by the CDC as having widespread ongoing COVID-19 transmission (please read).
- Have experienced COVID-19, Cold, or Flu-like symptoms in the previous 14 days.
BTW: I pass all five of these! Rest assured I will not knowingly expose you to COVID-19 and I take proper sanitization and social distancing very seriously.
VIEWING ALL HOMES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC IS “ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK”
I cannot take responsibility for the health and safety of my clients in viewing homes during this time. I have no control over whether or not Sellers or their Listing Agents disinfect the homes we will tour.
Please alert me if you are a Medium or High risk in Exposure Category according to CDC’s guidelines.
- Longer time needed to set up appointments for home tours, because of the new forms that are to be submitted confirming neither side is potentially infected with COVID-19. Some Sellers my not allow showings.
- Some Sellers may not be able to leave for showings, since there are limited options of where to go right now. If this is the case, then we will not view that home, unless they agree to wear masks or step outside during the showing.
- Longer time frames needed for typical deadlines such as inspections, Option periods, loan approval time frame, appraisals, etc.
- Potential difficulty in finding home inspectors available during this time.
- Problems with lender appraisers who will only view the exterior of the home or do a drive-by appraisal.
(I have no control over this so please discuss with your lender.)
- Problems with low, under value appraisals that are not necessarily based on current market data. PLEASE TELL LENDER TO ORDER APPRAISAL DURING OPTION PERIOD. (I have no control over this but we can use an Addendum to protect you, by giving you the option to cancel the deal, if the appraisal comes in too low. Otherwise, if a home appraises below the sales price, a lender may require you to come up with the difference between sales price and appraised price, in addition to your down payment and Closing costs.)
- Delays and problems with loan processing and funding during the pandemic. MAKE SURE YOU DISCUSS THESE POTENTIAL ISSUES WITH YOUR LENDER!
EXPECTATIONS REGARDING HOME TOURS WITH ME
- Everyone must wear a face mask at all times during the home tours and maintain 6-feet apart as much as possible. That includes time outside of the homes when we are on the front porch, back yard, back patio garage, etc.
- Buyers travel in their own car, not my car (social distancing).
- The touching of light switches, door knobs, etc. will be minimized. Lights will only be turned on if it is too dark to see the room.
- Buyer clients will be prepared for it to take longer for me to “clean up” after a showing, and before I get into my car. (I will probably wear gloves since I have to handle un-disinfected keys, doorknobs, etc. I plan to properly dispose of gloves after each showing, before I get into my car.)
- Buyers will bring their own hand sanitizer and use it between each showing.
- Only the parties to the transaction are allowed on showings: no children or other friends or family members.
- Please send me your pre-approval letter, not just a pre-qualification letter (learn the difference), because many Sellers will not approve appointments without one (see below). We will need a pre-approval letter to make an offer anyway.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- I will not attend home inspections or Closings. Most real estate agents don’t attend these appointments anyway, so there should be no issue with me not attending them during this pandemic. (My attendance at these appointment is generally a “courtesy” only.)
- Instead of meeting in person, we may have to do more phone or online conferences.
- All paperwork will be handled via DotLoop for signatures and email when appropriate. (This is the norm anyway.)
- Earnest money (1 percent of sales price) will be delivered to the title company by you in person (personal check) OR via a Wire Transfer (your choice). You will be responsible for doing this within 3 days after the contract is Executed by all parties. I will give you exact instructions when it’s time. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!
Beware of Wire Fraud! NEVER Wire funds unless you have called the title company and verbally verified the account number in the emailed instructions. Don’t just wire money based on an email, even if it looks like it came from me or the title company.
- Option fee ($200-400 usually) will be delivered by you to the Seller’s Broker’s office. Or, if possible, we will see if you can deliver it directly to the Seller via PayPal, Venmo, or some other service you like to use. You will be responsible for doing this within 3 days after the contract is Executed by all parties. I will give you exact instructions when it’s time. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!
ONE LAST THING
Also Important to know when buying a home:
- The Agent Showing You Houses May Not Be Your Agent
- How to Price a Home Correctly
- Do I Need A Real Estate Agent? Maybe I Can Do This Myself