It’s the American dream…to own your own home. But have you considered the specific benefits of home ownership? Studies show the following benefits for home owners:
- Improved tax advantages…thereby lowering your overall tax burden.
- Forced savings program (in the amount of principal paid each month on the mortgage)…especially if the home is appreciating in value (which over the long run, they generally do).
- Stability in house payment each month (whereas rent payments increase over time).
- Freedom! (ability to do with the house what you will…no more landlord approval needed on changes to the interior).
- Improved academic success for children.
- Increased access to economic and educational opportunities.
- Improved quality and stability of the surrounding neighborhood.
- A higher overall quality of life including higher life satisfaction, higher self-esteem, and higher perceived control over their lives.
- Decreased likelihood to become a crime victim.
- Improved structural quality of housing (and high quality structures have been found to also raise mental health of occupants).
- Lower teenage pregnancy rates in children of homeowners.
- Is It Better to Buy or Rent? Calculator
- Top 10 Benefits of Owning a Home
- Five Benefits of Home Ownership
FREE GUIDES & REPORTS
Click Image to Download a Guide or Report
View Helpful Videos on My YouTube Channel
If You Think This Website is Great, Wait ’till You Get Me As Your Agent!
Candid Advice—I promise to give you candid advice on all homes and areas so you can make the best decisions. I won’t ignore potential defects that can cost you money, or effect your resale value, in the future. My job is to protect you from defective homes as much as possible while helping you make a sound financial investment. (Read client testimonials)
Local Area Expertise—This isn’t just my business…it’s where I work and live (for 20 years) so I really know the area. I will help you narrow your options and find the best neighborhood for you based on your specifications. For long-term resale value, the neighborhood you choose is just as important as the home you buy. (Download my Ultimate Katy Guide)
Great Data—I will give you the most in-depth data you have ever seen…to help you make the wisest decisions. This includes a professional CMA when you are ready to purchase a specific home…so you don’t pay too much. Plus, my proprietary House Report (see sample) includes the data and information you need to ensure that you are making great home purchase. (Also see Pricing a Home Correctly)
Best Home Searches—Yes, you can search on your own, but no other home search available can filter down to the school level…and filter out the subdivisions that may be known to flood. Tell me exactly what you want, and I can narrow down your options better than any search you have access to. (Request a Custom Search)
Easier Process—Moving your family (and possibly changing jobs) is stressful enough. I’m your transaction manager and will guide you, step-by-step, through the process so you never miss an important deadline. I assist with inspections, repair negotiations, home warranties, HOA compliance inspections, hazard insurance, surveys, appraisals, title commitment, home warranties, title company, and more. (View helpful videos on my YouTube channel)
Video Walkthroughs—If you or your spouse lives out of the state or country, then you will enjoy my detailed video walkthroughs. I have sold multiple homes to out-of-area clients “sight unseen” by providing High Definition video walkthroughs of potential homes. My videos show front and back yards, closets, pantries, laundry rooms, and garage…as well as the entire home. (Sample)
Network of Experts—My network of experts can make your transition to the area as smooth as possible. Need a painter, electrician, mover, insurance company, etc.? I can help!
Connect With Sheila
How I Work to Protect You
My job isn’t “just” helping you find a house to buy…I’m helping you buy a home. There are over 100 tasks that I perform for you during the purchasing process. I’m looking out for you every step of the way and keeping my eye on the listing agent, the seller, the builder (if applicable), the lender, the inspector, and the title company. I’m on your side because I’m YOUR agent. I help with price analysis and negotiations, legal paperwork, inspections, repair negotiations, home warranties, HOA compliance inspections, hazard insurance, surveys, appraisals, title commitment, home warranties, and more. I have the expertise to help solve complicated problems that often occur in the process. Real estate is a huge financial and legal commitment. Don’t you deserve to have a Five-Star real estate agent on your side?